Sunday, May 4, 2014

April 28th, 2014 // Week 2 in Mozambique

When attempting to reflect and relate my time here to everyone, I get the greatest opportunity to remember all the moments that culminate my week.

I love it here. 


I've said it before and I'll say it again - the people here are my favorite part of Mozambique. I am so grateful that God sent me to where I am. I know that, for me, I am in the best mission in the world. 

HIGHLIGHTS ( THE EASIEST FORM OF COMMUNICATION WITHOUT USING SEGUES):

- I carry around a notecard with me now so that I can better remember the activities of the week. Unfortunately I'm always moving while writing and some notes were written in the dead of night so I can't read some of my notes. 

- One of my notes just says, "Baby in a wheelbarrow"

- There are no street signs here. My zone where I tract extends to about an hour and half out in all directions from my house. If you knew me before the mission, you would know that I was born without a sense of direction. This is a problem when wandering the streets of Africa aimlessly. 

 - Once I tell people I'm am an Americano, depending on their disposition they either get really excited or immediately decide they can't understand me.

- The ones who do know where America is ask where I'm from in the United States, and once California comes up their response roughly translates to: " THE LAND OF THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE"

- Someone asked me if Arnold Swatchernager (BRET FIX THAT PLEASE) (*editor's note*no it's too funny to fix) was still the President of California. 

 - People like to drink here. Yesterday I walked someone home that was cartoon levels of drunk. By the end of our arrangement OUT OF TIME WHAT DON'T SEND THIS YOU DO SOME HIGHLIGHTS FIX THIS UP I LOVE YOU 
 
*editor's note again*: obviously lil' guy ran out of time, but he seems to be doing great. I got a personal email with the above story, which I guess ended up in him learning how to hug like a Mozambican...
aka
"put out your arms and have a man charge at you."

Oh, and here's a picture of the blisters on his hands after doing a service project. There's no question he's working hard.

 
 
Prayers for Elder Mortimer are always welcome. I don't have an address for him as of now, but I've heard from him it takes too long to get over there anyway that it may not be worth it. So email away, friends!
 
Thank you all!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment