Monday, May 26, 2014

May 26, 2014... Swaziland!?

Ouyo Ouyo!

Been a while since I've directly written a blog post... desculpe! (sorry) 
 
 
("My Brothers!")
 
But man, have we been busy. Most of our efforts in these last for weeks have been concentrated on preparing our families for baptism (and for two, marriage). Next week I have permission to carry my camera to these events so I'll definitely be making up for the last six weeks in pictures. Prepare to be overwhelmed with Africa. 

Before I continue, I want to share an email I recieved this morning that may affect the course of my mission:

Dear Elders Sisters, Parents and Leaders, from Mozambique Maputo Mission,

We are very excited to announce that we have receive from the First Presidency of the Church the have anounced that our Mission have been realingned.

Starting effective today, besides the Country of Mozambique, the beautiful country of SWAZILAND was added in our mission. Located on the south border of Mozambique, and about 1:40 min by car from Maputo (130km ).

This country have 1.2 million people, it's is a Monarchy  and a very safe and stable place. We have there one District with 4 branches and one group. About 1350 members. Two beautiful chapels, 14 wonderful  missionaries and one incredible Senior Couple Missionaries. We have been there this weekend and we were amazed with how kind and special are the members and the people in general.

Our goal now is, work hard and help the Lord to do Miracles there like He is doing in Mozambique. We will work for a Stake there. Please, let's pray and work hard to make that happen. The Lords wants families to be baptize there and the leadership and the members are all very exited about this news.

Thanks for all your prayers and support, we love you all,

President and Sister Kretly
_______________________________________________________________________________



We're not sure how this influences the missionaries already serving in Mozambique, but time will tell. Excitement!


Just random tidbit's I've noticed about Mozambique these last few weeks:

- Africa is cat heaven. They thrive here. The world is just a giant feast for them. Everything is for the hunt.  I saw a mouse (or rat or mammal or whatever) get DEVOURED mid-lesson. No one else batted an eye. I got queasy.

- The chickens here are of a different breed it seems like. They have the coolest colors (black, cow patterned, spotted, yellow and dotted) and they actually sleep in trees. Yes, they fly up to the trees and sleep. I don't even know if the ones in America are capable of gaining altitude.

- You can spot the teachers from the students in the schools because they sport LAB COATS. Even the P.E. teachers. I wish America would institute this. 

- If people were wondering what the kid's do for fun in Mozambique, the answer is tires. They play with tires. Rolling it up and down the dirt roads all day and then when white people walk by they throw their favorite toys at you so you get the opportunity to put your agility on display in an attempt to perserve your life.

- If girls fancy you, they hiss. Literally hiss, like a snake. Missionaries are warned to avoid both varieties of serpents in Mozambique.

 - GIANT SNAILS THE SIZE OF MY HAND


OUT OF TIME PUT THE PICTURES OF MY BROTHEERS ON THE BLOG I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU GUYS PAZ

No comments:

Post a Comment