Sunday, February 1, 2015

1/26/15

I had the fortune of meeting Elder Ellis of the 70 yesterday at Zone Conference (hence why I'm writing you now on Tuesday), It was a powerful meeting. He spoke on having the Spirit present during lessons; how to acquire it, how to recognize it, and how to use it. Stuff like that. I've got pages of notes. One interesting thing he said is that while taking notes at meetings, divide your paper  into 2/3r'ds with a column on the right side. On the left side is where your regular notes would go, but on the right is where revelation will be written. All those thoughts that you didn't anticipate thinking that can be solutions to all the problems you're currently facing. The Spirit speaks to us at times unexpectedly and in ways we don't fully grasp sometimes. Just all those thoughts or impressions in the revelation column might culminate into an answer for you.

Revelation is what our religion is based off of. I wish more people realized that. People ask us sometimes, "What makes your church different?" Sometimes it's a trap (wooe to the misunderstandings of the BoM) and sometimes it's genuine curiosity. Either way, I gotta answer with truth. I say something almost every time about Modern Revelation. God has not stopped talking to His children. It isn't a static relationship we have with Heavenly Father, it is constant and evolving. We can learn that for ourselves. How cool is that? How cool is it that instead of debating about theology and tradition and wild misinterpretations of scripture, we can just say, "Let's ask God." I'm consistently reminded that God's got my back, and His knowledge and foresight far exceed any one else I can ask on the planet. I love how my mission has shown me that God is Father.

Last night affirmed once again we are on the Lord's errand. I had one of the most spiritual experiences on my mission. It was absolutely electrifying. Outward manifestations of the Spirit were matched with how intimate all of our innards were being touched. Goosebumps took the place of where my arm hair normally resides, and my heart felt a million miles away,. It was so powerful, Bert. And so true. And it had nothing to do with the FHE I had intended to do when we walked into that hut. The Spirit is awesome like that. Revelation is awesome like that. I know that family felt what were saying. After closing our "spiritual thought" I looked at Elder Bender and said "Precisamos sair agora." (We need to leave now) So we closed with a prayer and let that piercing, still small voice do what it does best.

 I know I felt it. I know they did as well. So we'll see how that goes. It's up to them to follow up on their answer from God.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete